- Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Quincy University (1988)
- Master of Arts in Communications from the University of Illinois-Springfield (2004) (emphasis on public relations and media)
Freelance Writer – Dan Naumovich – Copywriter/Journalist. 1988-Present
- Write copy for the media, ad agencies, businesses, and organizations. Experience includes copy for newsletters, brochures, advertisements, news releases, Web sites, articles, and other marketing materials.
Regular Contributor to ZweigWhite Publications, 2010-Present
- Freelance correspondent to ZweigWhite, a firm that helps leaders in the architecture, engineering and environmental consulting industries achieve their business and personal goals
- Profile successful promotional campaigns
- Interview subject matter experts and write articles on current issues, including BIM, community planning, integrated project delivery and high-speed rail
Regular Contributor to State Journal-Register and Gatehouse Media Syndication, 2006-Present
- Write a general interest column that appears each month
- Contribute feature articles to weekend journal
- Research and interview assigned subjects
- Write, edit, and proofread
- Recommend stories
Regular Contributor to Illinois Engineer magazine. 2007-Present
- Research and write feature stories on the projects, people and technology on the cutting edge of the engineering industry.
Online Columnist – BlogFreeSpringfield. 2005-Present
- Write an online column and moderate discussion on issues of interest in Springfield, Illinois
Regular Contributor to Springfield Magazine (monthly magazine in Springfield, IL) 2000-2003
- Cover stories, feature stories, and business profiles on a variety of subjects
Marketing Coordinator – Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. 2004-Present
- Write and edit marketing and public relations materials including articles, brochures, proposals, Web content, direct mail pieces, and other collateral materials for a national engineering consulting firm.
- Proofread and edit technical reports, letters, and other written pieces produced throughout the firm.
Communications Specialist – Illinois Department of Revenue 2001-2004
- Assistant in the Office of Policy and Communication. Wrote news releases, promotional copy, reports, and correspondence. Coordinated public relations efforts with the media. Wrote and edited department newsletter.
- Assistant to the Associate Director. Communications specialist responsible for promoting government services and initiatives. Wrote marketing materials, presentations, Web content, award submissions, and reports.
Marketing Manager – Primo Designs, Inc. 1988-2001
- Wrote news releases, marketing materials, and business correspondence.
online casino south africa